May 15th and 16th, 2023
1. Sulphur Creek Trails – Phase I
a. Contractor has completed all work except the final punchlist items.
b. Contract is expected to be completed at a final cost of approximately $834,000 with an
original bid amount of $1,162,742.45.
2. Sulphur Creek Trails – Phase II
a. Contract was bid on April 19, 2023, and the low bidder was CK Asphalt, LLC of
Quitman, AR. This is the same contractor who completed Phase I Construction.
b. The project is recommended to award with Deductive Alternates #1 and #2, and to
remove the majority of the asphalt paving for this phase to get the project within the
current budgeted amount. The overall trail budget was $1,600,000. There is
approximately $637,500 remaining for the Phase II construction. Project is anticipated to
be awarded by the council for this amount.
c. Corps of Engineers section will be completed in its entirety, including asphalt paving.
d. Portions of the trail from Hollowell Drive to Sugarloaf Mountain will be completed
without asphalt paving, unless additional funding is provided.
e. Anticipated construction timeframe is June 2023 to December 2023.
1. Main St. Improvements
a. Plan and Profile layout is complete.
b. Internal hydraulic modeling efforts are complete. Awaiting H&H modeling from
ARDOT to verify sizing of Main Street crossing. ARDOT is completing the portion
across Main Street at 3rd and 5th Streets, but connection and design must be coordinated.
c. After ARDOT modeling is complete, we will finalize plan and profile crossings along
with inlet structure design.
d. 3rd St. Construction Cost is estimated to be above the original $1.2 budget.
e. 5th St. Estimated Construction Cost is expected to be below the original estimated
f. Anticipated Construction timeframe will be Summer 2023 to Summer 2024.
2. Hwy 25 Improvements @ Trailwood
a. Design of plan/profile is complete.
b. Easements are complete.
c. Will be working with the city to acquire easements for affected landowners.
d. Finalizing details and specifications.
3. Hwy 25 Improvements @ Lohawk
a. Survey is complete and preliminary layout is complete.
b. Waiting to determine construction costs from the other projects. This project will be
completed only if funds are available.
1. Weddingford Sidewalk
a. Plan and Profile is complete.
b. Submitted to ARDOT for review and approval on September 2022 (Still waiting for final
c. Will bid project immediately upon approval from ARDOT.
- Spring Park- Turf base and drainage currently being installed. Turf should begin being place towards the end of this week or early next week, dress up and fence installation to follow. Park should be usable by Memorial Day Weekend.
- Sandy Beach- Metal roofing installation, interior stain and paint, outdoor plumbing fixtures and electrical work is being conducted this week. Once painting is completed, plumbing and lighting fixtures and partitions will be installed. Bathroom as expected to be in service by Memorial Day weekend. There may be some punch list items left for them to come back and address such as final dress up and installing the exterior bottle filler.
- Community Center Rehab- Contracts with Trane have been executed. Financing application has been sent to the Arkansas Energy Office for approval.
- Splash Pad- Preliminary design is underway. Awaiting budgetary pricing on outdoor pool to make sure we have enough in the budget before proceeding. The pricing for the pool is anticipated to be sent to by Thursday of this week.
- S. 7th Street Drainage- Project is substantially complete. Final clean-up pending.
- Huntington Place Street Improvements- Project is in construction. Anticipated completion is the end of July.