April 11, 2023
- Spring Park- The ribbon curb and cut-off wall for the new turf surface is being formed. Contractor anticipates pouring concrete for those and some of the sidewalks this week. The drainage piping and turf installation will be installed soon after this work is completed. The anticipated completion is the end of May.
- Sandy Beach- The slab for the building and the wet-well for the sewer have been installed. Block work for the building will begin tomorrow morning. The anticipated completion is the end of May.
- Community Center Rehab- The scope is set for the project. The construction contract will be considered for approval at the April City Council meeting. Once approved, the project will be submitted to the Arkansas Department of Energy & Environment for funding approval. Project will replace the inoperable dehumidification equipment at the Aquatic Center, which was the original scope of the bond project. We now have an expanded scope, which will replace the dehumidification equipment, update building controls, and replace existing lighting with more efficient lighting. This will considerably reduce O&M costs at the Community Center because of the utility savings, allowing us to fund the project through the Arkansas Department of Energy & Environment. The energy savings are used to pay for the project with no additional revenue required. This allows bond funds to be used to enhance other Parks & Recreation projects and mitigate the impacts of inflation.
- Splash Pad- Design to begin in May based on a new budget, which was increased as a result of the Community Center Rehab Project.
- S. 7th Street Drainage- Project is substantially complete. Final clean-up pending.
- Huntington Place Street Improvements- Project is in construction. Anticipated completion is the end of July.